A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
PUSH BLOCKS. FORM SQUARES. OR DIE TRYING!
Pushamo is an arcade push-em-up that challenges you to organize different shapes into squares to clear blocks and earn points! It's no easy task, though - as you push on, shapes will come faster and more frequently until you find yourself as overwhelmed as you are engrossed.
- Satisfying core game loop: An creative take on the block-clearing genre that offers endless replayability and high-scoring
- Many ways to play: Point Rush, 2P Coop, Puzzles, Challenges, and more modes lead to a massive variety of play experiences
- 8 bits of awesome: Authentic retro experience built in PICO-8
CREATE HUGE COMBOS
By forming large clears you can earn massive amounts of points and unleash a shower of visual effects. This strategic combo system also rewards you for all kinds of special clears, from Risky to Tidy to Back 2 Back, and many more!
Celebrate and share your most awesome combos with the press of a button - F4 - to record the last 8 seconds of gameplay as a lightweight GIF!
BREAK THE RULES
Challenge Mode presents over a dozen diverse rule variations on the already addicting core gameplay! These inventive scenarios range from wonderfully wacky to fiendishly difficult to ingeniously imaginative:
- Swap out the familiar tetrominos with some less orthodox shapes
- All the blocks are invisible after stopping
- You're also playing snake now, at the same time
- And many more!
SIT BACK AND RELAX
Pushamo also offers plenty of calmer experiences for when you want to chill and zone out, and want a less stressful time:
- Play endlessly without blocks ever increasing in speed in Zendless mode.
- Think over each and every move in the tactical Turn-Based mode! Here, blocks will wait patiently for you to decide your next move before they go anywhere.
- Ponder over the perplexing Puzzle mode, where you're presented with 32 hand-crafted puzzles that ask you to use all blocks in a single clear.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Choose between two awesome music tracks
- Select your favorite color palette from a choice of 16, including 8 different pride patterns!
- Turn off (or multiply!) all visual effects including particles, screen shake, and background animation
- Reclaim your free time with a handy "unlock all" option, to let you try all Pushamo has to offer without worrying about score requirements getting in the way
- Turn on god mode and laugh in the face of death
GAMES FOR GOOD
100% of the sales will be given to the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network! They are an autistic-led nonprofit that helps supports disability rights and empower autistic people across the world! Additionally, each copy purchased will create a community copy, providing the game to someone who can't afford it!
BEHIND THE GAME
- Created sustainably by Bean Borg (they/them)
- Debut title of solo indie studio Neuro Diversion
- Music by Emma (she/her) and Gruber (he/him)
- Made in PICO-8
|Updated||12 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||19 days ago|
|Tags||8-Bit, Abstract, Arcade, Fast-Paced, High Score, Local multiplayer, PICO-8, Retro, Tetris|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
|Player count||1 - 2|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Free Community Copy
Each copy bought at the regular price donates a copy to someone else for free! This is meant for anyone who wants to play it but the cost would be too much of a burden. So if you don't have much money at the moment and you think this game seems cool please accept one of these community copies, no questions asked.
- Update 1.1 - Small fixes14 days ago
- Pushamo now available on itch.io for Windows, Mac, and Linux19 days ago